Student Visa Subclasses

Student visa subclasses depend on the study option chosen. Common subclasses are:
  • Subclass 570 - English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS) - for those planning to study English language courses.
  • Subclass 572 - Vocational education and training (VET) - for anyone planning to study at the Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma level.
  • Subclass 573 - Higher education - for those who choose to study a bachelor degree, associate degree, graduate certificate, graduate diploma, higher education diploma, higher education advanced diploma or masters by coursework at the higher education level (usually university).